13 April 2011

A few first thoughts on Snowboarding.

Snowboarding to me is about the passion, the love, the feeling. It’s not about going bigger on a jump, or getting gnarlier on a rail than the next guy. Sure it’s about progression, but not just for the sake of being better than anyone else. I’m a Torstein fan but I’ll leave the triple corks to him, McMorris, and Burgener. Snowboarding to me is about having fun. I love messing around in the trees, hitting a backyard spot, or just having a good time with the homies. For me that’s what snowboarding’s all about. Who cares if the other guy went bigger? You should be congratulating them, not trying to find a way to put them down or one-upping them. Feed off their energy and try something new yourself. Don’t let anyone tell you what to do or what not to do, and especially don’t let anyone tell you how to have fun. That part’s up to you. Find what you love and do it for as long as you can.

No comments: